For me, this connection provides an enrichment between these.
These are the Reiki Principles.
🌛 Just for today, I will not be blinded by anger.
🌛 Just for today, I will not be blinded by worry.
🌛 Just for today, I will feel grateful.
🌛 Just for today, I will do my work honestly.
🌛 Just for today, I will be kind to every living thing.
by Mikao Usui, I don't know who translated it.
I added "be blinded by" and "feel"
The Tarot Elements are:
🌜 Fire - represented by wands
🌜 Water - represented by cups
🌜 Earth - represented by pentacles
🌜 Spirit - represented by major arcana
And now we combine them.
Just for today:
🌕 I will not be blinded by anger - Fire🔥🜂 - Wands|🌕 I will not be blinded by worry - Water🌊🜄- Cups🍶🌕 I will feel grateful - Earth💎🜃 - Pentacles✪🌕 I will do my work honestly - Air🌪🜁 - Swords⚔🌕 I will be kind to every living thing - Spirit☥∞ - Majors💀
In knowing these, when I do a Tarot spread to help with a conscious, I can be mindful of where I may need to strengthen a Reiki principle in my life in relation to the question. Or even tell me that I'm doing better than I think I am! Some examples:
- If I'm getting a lot of wands maybe instead of stewing in anger or blindly acting out in anger I need to work on setting a boundary and choosing to transform that anger into a drive to make things better, transmuting it to purpose and hope.
- Or perhaps I am getting a lot of cups as an indicator that perhaps I need to transmute worry into faith hope and trust.
- Maybe with pentacles I need to remember to enjoy what I do have, to feel and be grateful for that.
- With swords maybe I need to see what justifications I am making in making choices for someone instead of empowering them, or being dishonest with myself about myself.
- And with spirit, I need to always remember who I am and who I want to be and to allow all things to exist, honoring transformations. All the stories must be told. A tree can only grow so fast even in the most ideal conditions.