She/her, bi/queer, cis white Celtic American (there's a story behind that)
There's three things there's nearly always time for in my book; sass, sparkle, and smellin' roses. Sometimes this gets me into trouble. Ha!
I'm rewriting this because, well, weird formatting issues with the original one, and why the hell not? You can always read the original here.
This time, I'm gonna do things in a nice bullet form category fashion, because, why not? And it's easier to read. 👀
🎓 My formal, nifty cool, accomplishments! 🎓
- Certified Massage Therapist CAMTC#83230, Jan. 2020, current
- Motoki Lvl 2, earth-based modality, Jan. 2018
- Tarot Card Success - The Complete Tarot Reading Course, Jul. 2017
- Master's in Education, multiple subject curriculum and social justice, May 2016
- Reiki Master/Teacher, traditional Usui Ryoho, Mar. 2016
- Bachelors in Child & Adolescent Development, magna cum laude, Dec. 2012
- Associates in Early Childhood Education, Jun. 2008
- (We won't talk about the blackness of HS, wherein I graduated by the skin of my teeth; if you look at HS transcript vs college transcripts you would think you were looking at two completely different people with the same name.)
😎Unofficial, nifty cool, accomplishments!😎
- First Meetup class I taught! Feb. 16, 2019
- Pamela Colman Smith's birthday! Had no idea at the time!
- She is the artist of the Smith-Waite Tarot.
- First fair doing Tarot Energy Healing! at the Center for Creative Living, Dec. 2, 2018
- Note: The date is different than what I have shared before because uh, I remembered wrong. I double checked the dates on the emails about it. Apologies!
- Initiated into professional Tarot reading Jun. 13, 2018 (There's a story behind that.)
- Note: Yeah, I messed up that date too. I remembered this and the above in relation to each other but got the dates wrong.
- Cognitive Processing Therapy for Trauma, Fall 2016
- It was INTENSE. Worth it.
- I took a bunch of group therapy classes/groups at Kaiser too. They were quite helpful for shadow work and properly healing old wounds.
- Consistently practicing meditation and mindfulness since Summer of 2011
- I figured this out by age of child and where we lived at the time. Also note, consistency, I don't count the dabble on and off years.)
♪♪🎵These Are A Few of My Favorite Things! 🎵♪♪
- Lois McMaster Bujold, author
- especially the Curse of Chalion series
- Enigma, music artist
- Babylon 5, tv show
- Shadowscapes Tarot (the deck that made me brave)
- Intersteller, movie
- Persona 4, video game
- Elfquest, comic
- (I love to singa about the moon and the June and the springa, I love to singa, about skies of blue and tea for two and I-I-I-I-I-I LOVE TO SIIIIING)
- Talking to the crows and the trees and everything around me.
- Cat Mom! Kittyrat, Owl, and Huntress.
- Guinea pig Aunt! Miss Baxter
- Married to The Robert, Best Spouse (no bias here obvs lol)
- Mom to a grown (how are they an adult now?) Eira (Baxter's mama)
- We used to have pet rats too, and other cats and guinea pigs.
- Fire Nation
- You gotta watch Avatar: The Last Airbender cartoon! It may very well be my favorite animated cartoon series
- The Hierophant - Soul and Personality Tarot card
- Temperance - my hidden factor/teacher Tarot card
- Queen of Wands - who I am in the Tarot Court
- Hogwarts house: Gryffindor
- Trans women are women! I do NOT condone JK Rowling's TERF stance.
- Ilvermorny house: Pukwudgie
- American version of Hogwarts.
- Again, NO to TERFism. Trans women are women!
- Myer-Briggs: ENFP-T
- Taurus Sun, Gemini Moon, Rising Leo
- Sidereal Astrology (a little bit closer to actual astronomy, but still not quite the same as astronomy)
- Gemini Sun, Cancer Moon, Rising Virgo
- Tropical Astrology (absolutely not the same as astronomy, not at all)
🌎✊My World View / Politics ✊🌍
- You cannot heal what you cannot see
- or what you refuse to see
- We are stewards of the Earth
- Let us tend well
- "Every rock and tree and creature, has a life has a spirit has a name." -Colors of the Wind
- Diversity and inclusivity are our friends
- Duality is ONE of many metaphors to help us understand our world
- If it's not ugly, if it's not beautiful, what is it? Plain.
- I am unapologetically anti-fascist and an intersectional feminist
- Trans rights are human rights
- Climate change is real
- and we can do something about it
- Science is real
- Being anti-science is like amputating your curiosity at the neck.
- "Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!" -Girl Genius
- Vaccines save lives
- Black Lives Matter
- Stop Asian Hate
- Free Kids in Cages
- There's more than two genders
- Everyone deserves a living wage
- It's okay to be wrong.
- It's part of learning; and oh how I have learned.
My Soul Vow is: I Accept All Things that are for the Preservation, Healing, and Growing of LOVE Eternal; come what may.